Thursday, October 7, 2010

Happy Birthday Blakesters!

It is the Eve of October 8th and an exiting time in the Nelson household as the man of the house turns the big 34 in the morning! Happy Birthday Babe! I remember celebrating your birthday for the first time at the Macaroni Grill and the fun birthday presents I was aloud then to get you. We have had some fun times and it has changed a lot, but definitely for the better. As now on the Eve of your bday instead of penne rustica, its popcorn & cheese with coke and a hand rag. This guy has so many amazing qualities that I just have to name a few, maybe a few 34 of them and some fun stories and memories...
(They are not in any particular order)
1. I love love love Blake's laugh!! He has a contagious laugh, when he starts I start. The best is going to the movies and he starts laughing during the parts where no one else will laugh, therefore making everyone else laugh because of his laugh. I hope that just made sense.
2. He is the best Dad in the world! When he comes home from a long day of work he always gets down and plays with Tdawg and Bells. He is always fun and they LOVE to hear the garage door open because that means, "Dads home!"
3. Coke. I cannot count how many times Blake has started his "goal" to get off coke but lets just say it is a lot!! It usually starts Monday morning and ends in a large headache Tuesday night.:)
4. He takes care of all the bills, need I say more?
5. Blake is always up beat and positive!
6. Loves sports! Everything from Basketball, football down to ping pong.
7. To go with num. 6 he is always playing sports with Tristan and Bella. Tristan's favorite sport right now is Football. It is fun to watch them "tackle" and "run the bases".
8. He has a story to go with everything. We will be driving down the street and he will say, "that reminds me of when I was hauling hay" or "Back in college". (I get a little tense when I hear the back-in-college ones :))
9. He puts up with my 9 months of expecting moments.:)
10. He is very humble and modest, one of my favorite things about him.
11. Hard working! He works so hard with everything and anything he does.
12. He will be patient and help me hang all my pictures/decor on the wall. He is great at measuring and hamering (always on an angle).
13. Blake is soo good with math. He can add/subtract/times/divide and figure out the percentage so fast!
14. Plays Rook like a pro., even though I don't always agree with his method of strategy.
15. Never says anything bad about others. (unless he sees some of his family or old friends walking down the street with a keg and a wife beater on. Please do not get offended, it is just a joke we have had going on since date1).
16. Boomshackalacka ( I don't even know if this is right or makes sense, but he says it all the time and now Tristan says it just like him and it will always make me laugh)
17. His love for the Office, Modern Family, Seinfield, Sportscenter, Glenn Beck, Hannity etc.
18. I remember our first Scrabble game we played together. We didn't make it past any 4 letter words.
19. I don't know if he has ever read a novel in his life.
20. For our anniversary last year he took me to see New Moon, (might I add because of all his popcorn lunches that this was the only movie he hadn't seen) and made fun of it the whole time, but I just laughed at all of his comments.
21. He is the best to travel with, he knows his way around so well, even in foreign countries:). Our trips are always so fun because he is such an easy going person who is always wanting to please others. I love that about him!
22. He is great with money. Very frugal whereas I am learning. :)
23. "Patience is the key word". That is the Tollestrup family motto. Well Blake has a lot of it especially when it comes to #22 and myself.
24. He has a testimony of the gospel.
25. I love how he dresses for work & church. Always so dapper.
26. Great at public speaking
27. He has a big heart and very compassionate.
28. He is great at golf and we love going to go to the driving range or the put put as a family. This summer he taught Tristan how to hit it off the tee. Bella, well, he is working on that, she insists on having her own golf clubs like T's, but must be pink and when she doesn't hit it, she just ends up throwing the golf ball.
29. When I look at my children I see so much of Blake. Bella is the spitting image of her dad and Tristan, well, when he is doing something mischievous, Blake is written all over his face.:)
30. He is a totally different person playing sports, especially basketball. :)
31. He works hard so I can stay home with the little ones.
32. We sit up at night and laugh and tell stories about our kids. I will always love this. It is surprising that they even made it to bed tonight as they were up and down "needing" a drink or another story etc. Looking at each other we just sat back and laughed.
33. He has always showed so much respect and love for me. Always opening my doors, giving me a hug and kiss when he comes home from work, and has Tristan and Bella always thank me for dinner and take their plates to the counter and since I've known him, he has never said an unkind word or called me any name ever. He has always given me confidence in anything I do.
34. Blake is the most selfless person I know. For Christmas, Father's Day, his birthday or whatever day I will always ask him what he wants and he will always say "nothing, I don't need anything." He is always putting others before himself!
I could write a billion more things about Blake, but I probably have embarrassed him enough with my cheesy list. But I realise how blessed I am to have him as my husband and father of our babies. Happy Birthday Babe, luv ya!

2 comments:

  1. yay for Blake!!! That was such a sweet post Megs, He is such a great guy! You two are perfect for each other! I miss that Blakester laugh too, its so contagious! Hope you both have a fabulous day!!
    Love you sister!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Uncle Blake! We all love ya tons and miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete